Friday, June 24, 2011

The Kitchen cont'd...

Placing my hands in warm soapy water on cold days in early March was really quite nice, but this morning I am enjoying listening to our dishwasher run.  It's funny how you get used to the sounds of your appliances...this new dishwasher has so many different sounds that I catch myself stopping and wondering if it's working correctly.  I'm praying that it is working correctly, after all, it was the old dishwasher breaking that got us into this whole kitchen remodel!

We're getting close to the finished product.  Through this process, we have learned so many new things, and we've gotten to know a new friend a lot better.  We're very thankful for Shauna and her knowledge of "all things having to do with remodeling"! Shauna told us before we began that once we learned how to tile, we would be confident and ready to do more...I totally feel that way, Dave does not! (Confident maybe, ready to do more, not at all!) :)  The only thing holding me back from ripping out the shower in the master bathroom and starting to re-tile it right now is I don't have all of my own tools.  Annnddd... our remodeling budget needs replenished, and my knees, plus various muscles, are very sore, and Dave would be less than thrilled since we still have the back splash in the kitchen to do yet.  (O.k.... that was five things.) Nevertheless, I love learning new things, and am thankful for learning this new skill, and maybe someday I'll get to use it again.




P.S.
I won't be 'project deprived' for long...we're starting a new project in the backyard either today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment