Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekend Adventures...

That Willie Nelson song, On the Road Again, is playing through my mind. My husband, Dave, has a board meeting for work and a company outing in Des Moines this weekend, so the girls and I are tagging along. We were up bright and early so we could drop our dogs off at the kennel. We have two dogs. Gracie is our sweet, seven year old Beagle and Liberty is our spastic, three year old Maltese. They always know when 'something is up' and get excited (not exactly a happy excited, more like a nervous excited) when it's time to go to the kennel. Don't get me wrong, the kennel we use is a great place! We've used them for years and know the dogs are well taken care of. I think the nervousness comes from the car ride to the kennell. The pups' tails are always wagging once we arrive, but I think they share my same sentiment...'there's no place like home'. It's fun to get away every now and again too; I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my family.

Adventureland...

It was a perfect weather day for the amusement park!






















On the Ferris Wheel















Soaked from the water ride

















As we were getting ready to leave Sunday morning, we spotted a group praying on their balcony. Pray without ceasing...1 Thess. 5:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment